Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Midtown Review: Pacci Ristorante Brunch

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

French Toast


Peachtree B&G

 
















There is one thing I have learned about Atlanta that I never realized... brunch in this city is VERY popular! So many restaurants offer such incredible brunch options on the weekends here! Last Sunday morning I had the opportunity to try out Pacci Ristorante for a bridesmaid brunch! This was my first "brunch" in the city so I didn't know what to expect! I ordered the Peachtree B&G which is buttermilk biscuits with sausage gravy. I was expecting the traditional sausage gravy biscuits that I have had many, many times before. But this dish, exceeded far beyond my expectations in the fact that it was sooo different. It was like nothing I have ever tasted before! The gravy had this spicy taste and hearty warmth to it that left me suddenly regretting my promise to my friend that I would share it with her. My friend got the french toast with cinnamon butter, fresh berries and maple syrup. After tasting hers, I realized I could sacrifice a couple of my bites to share our plates. Prepared perfectly, not soggy, still had a bit of a crunch, with the warm maple syrup complimenting the cinnamon butter without being overly sweet. It was a great start to the day without me feeling like I had just eaten dessert. I wish I had gotten to try more items on their brunch menu such as the Eggs Abercrombie with poached eggs, house crab cakes, rucola and hollandaise, or the Wagyu Flat Iron & Eggs with two eggs, wagyu flat iron, basil pesto and potato hash. They have so many incredible brunch items to choose from and at reasonable prices. (And if you were lucky enough to score the ScoutMob you can get half off). Now that I understand the obsession with brunch in this town, I am already making plans for my next brunch stop this weekend. Hopefully I can fight off my cravings to go back to Pacci and choose a new restaurant to try :)


Pacci Ristorante and AltoRex Rooftop Lounge

866 West Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Adjacent to Hotel Palomar Atlanta - Midtown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Everything Midtown Atlanta ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates